Since the Health & Safety Executive (HSE) started the Myth Buster Challenge Panel they have been inundated with cases to review and we want to share some with you.
- Daffodils are a danger to the public
- Prams banned from children centre for H&S reasons
- Ban on conkers, yoyo’s and skipping ropes
- Hanging baskets banned incase people bump their heads
- Replacing park benches because they are 3inches too low
- Office workers banned from putting up Christmas decorations
- Office ban on paperclips
- School production cancelled as lighting operator hadn’t attended ladder training course
- Pork crackling taken off the menu as it may splash the chef
- School children ordered to wear clip on ties in case they choked
If you have heard of any other Health & Safety myths leave us a comment below we would love to hear about them.